Tuesday 11 January 2011

It's not about the price tag.

Okay it's been a while since I last blogged, I was just merely enjoying the festive season and keeping busy as always! While I'm here typing away with my headphones in, i'd like to wish you all a happy new year!

It's day two of my work experience at mudpie trend forecasting company, and yes like a geek I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and learning a lot. Which is all a bit much for my 'pea-sized brain' but I'm trying to fill it to it's full capacity whilst I'm there. Not going to lie to you, it's quite difficult when I'm at work thinking that it could be me one day sitting behind a desk in full time employment. Quite a daunting idea, because slowly I'm getting old-er! But it's also very encouraging to make work to achieve that goal. 

From working there I'm slowly learning, that fashion is something we all share. I've been sitting and looking through images from all over the world, Tokyo, Milan, Florida... The list is endless, and I'm constantly gazing at them wish I had the courage that most of the people in the images have, to walk down the street in what is absolutely breath taking to look at. From all different shapes and size and to forget ages! It really is fascinating. I honestly feel slightly envious that I don't look as cool as some of the people I saw. But not in a jealous way, just in a 'I wish I could look like that' kind of way, you understand me right? They all had their own quirky take on what they were wearing, and not in a 'try to impress' kind of way, but just as a means of feeling comfortable in what you wear, and what appeals to you. It's not about what the person next to you likes, but what you feel comfortable in and what you think looks good. Just like how Lady Gaga, felt comfortable in a meat dress, bet the dogs loved her! Yes, it's obviously not to everyones taste, but I guess it is to hers.

As young people we're quite lucky to not turn a blind eye, whereas the older generations may immediately do so, we appreciate the appearance of others. Most of us aren't very narrow minded, which is great. It shows we are slowly evolving with time. Sometimes we need to drift away from mainstream high street fashion, and try something a bit different, why not? No harm in trying, right? But, I'm no fashion expert by miles, so don't take my word for it. 

If only life was as simple as many celebrities, who have looks prepared for them on a daily basis. But this is not true street style. It should be completely spontaneous. If even if the colours don't quite go, who cares! Just chuck everything together like making a milkshake, you never know it may just suit your taste!

1 comment: